we provide give-it-forward wellness activities in spaces that are donated by people all around the world.
host - generously offers a private or public space such as a living room, basement, backyard, office, retail, municipal, etc.
teacher - generously guides a wellness activity such as dance, yoga, meditation, tai chi, etc.
students - generously 'give-it-forward' via on-line anonymous voluntary contribution after the class, for the activity to continue and benefit future students
90% of the revenue from every class goes to the teachers and hosts. the remaining 10% goes to daana to cover our costs in making anonymous contribution-based wellness activities available to all.
health: time, distance, money and any kind of self-perceived limitations are no longer reasons to not attend a wellness activity
generosity: the word 'daana' means “cultivating the virtue of generosity by giving”. For us, generosity is the antidote to stress. You cannot be stressed and generous at the same time
community: built on a foundation of good health, wisdom and compassion, the classes can be dance, yoga, meditation, art, tai chi, dialogue circles, workshops, retreats -- essentially any 'give-it-forward' activity that uplifts the
the foundation of this initiative, is generosity:
these are the filters that all daana activities go through:
anonymous contribution: the activities are priceless. The contributions allow the activities to continue and benefit future participants
non-'prophet': describing teachings from a different cultural context in a secular way, instead of prescribing dogmas
non-sales: informing about other products and services if necessary, with the sincere intention to be of benefit to the participants; no sales tactics
uplift human condition: all activities have the purpose of uplifting the body, mind and spirit of each participant
Apr 2015: daana co-founder Bhaskar Goswami going to teach yoga at various homes as an invited guest, with a dollar store donation box
Jul 2015: daana launches an Indeigogo crowd-funding campaign, raising $16K
Mar 2016: daana releases website and app (‘daana’ in iOS and Android), built entirely by crowd-funding and volunteers
May 2016: daana accepted onto Montreal’s premiere incubator, District 3
Jun 2016: daana receives grant out of 60,000+ applicants worldwide to showcase at the world’s largest start-up conference in Hong Kong (RISE)
Jul 2016: daana wins the prestigious CBC Media Prize at Canada's largest start-up conference, Montreal Startupfest 2016
Nov 2016: daana invited to lead the wellness program at COP22 UN Global Climate Change Summit in Marrakech, Morocco
Dec 2016: daana platform tested in Morocco, Hong Kong and Singapore
Feb 2017: daana selected to run in-house wellness program in two international corporations
Jun 2016: daana runs four luxury retreats in one month
Jul 2016: daana receives local government grant to further support development initiatives
if you are interested in collaborating as a teacher, host, volunteer or co-creator, please click here.